Thursday, September 25, 2008

I eat lunch by myself

This is probably going to sound like pity party, and it is, but I need to vent and then I will get over it. I have a theory that law school is just high school all over again on a much higher intellectual level- meaning people figure out how to snub you in much more interesting ways. I just haven't found my niche and I am trying to make friends, but nobody really seems interested. Even the cliques in law school are like high school. The granolas stick together, the jocks, the lesbians, the youngsters, the geeks... there isn't really a group for thirty-something chubby girls. So, I eat lunch by myself every day. Pathetic.

My cool mom realized I was sick of eating luch by myself and rode trax up and went to lunch with me. I love my mom!

3 comments:

Crawford Family said...

Felicity! This made me cry! The boys and I will certainly be making a trip down on tracks to eat lunch with you when we get there... no one can resist two little boys scarfin down food. I guess at least you aren't eating moose Kaka! We love you and are so proud of you. And just think when you are top of the class and at a good firm you can pity all those lamos who are social pros and exam retards!

Jaci said...

I'm sorry!!! I wish that I was on the same campus, I would LOVE to have lunch with you. I thought about that the other day has I was shoving food in my mouth while running to my next class.
I do have to agree your mom is great!! We will have to try to plan a lunch picnic sometime.

Ashley said...

Your mom is great.

Unfortunately, most things are like high school, but luckily, since you have already dealt with high school on a couple of different levels, you know how people are just dumb sometimes.

You are awesome and you're rocking that place. Niche finding, however, sometimes takes a while. Hang in there and things will fall into place that way, sometimes in an unexpected circumstance.