Friday, May 30, 2008

"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K!"


Do you ever re-watch a movie you saw a million times as a kid as an adult? Suddenly you understand all of the jokes and innuendos and the movie becomes funny all over again. I have been having this experience a lot lately. The best, though, was watching Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure with my 16 year old sister. She thought it was funny because they were such idiots, and I thought it was funny because it reminded me of my students. "Caesar was a salad dressing dude!"
Did any of you ever see the movie The Last Star Fighter? I think my brother and I watched it daily for a year straight. I watched it again over spring break- HBO must have been doing a blast-from-the-past marathon because they showed that movie The Boy Who Could Fly too, the one with Fred Savage on a big wheel. Anyway, while watching The Last Star Fighter I realized how distrubed I was even now by the old alien who takes out his eyeballs and polishes them like a pair of reading glasses. Bizarro!!!
What movies do you remember? Maybe during some down-time it would be fun to pull out some of those great "B" movies and have a laugh. Oh and remember... "Be excellent to each other... and Party on Dudes!"

3 comments:

Jaci said...

The best of those movies would have to be "The Burbs" CLASSIC!!!! I love it, and as an adult it is totally different!

LondonCalling said...

"Take me to a hospital; I've been blown up!"

Crawford Family said...

Man I loved that movie! I have go get that and watch it again. Where in the world did Ted Theodore Logan go? I mean at least Bill went on to greater things!You know what movie weirds me out now is Labrynth. Seriously scary. And Jennifer Connely oh my gosh! Crazy. Speaking of her remember the Rocketeer! Haaa!